Tuesday, 10 July 2007

Giving while Earning

The old legend of giving a person a fish, they will eat for a day, but teach them how to fish, the will live a life. Ok, ok, I changed it a bit, but still, there is a giver in all of us.

Now on the other side of the coin there is of course the con artists and "takers" that believe that there is not enough in the world and they will do anything to take what you have, even dishonestly robbing the old lady pension to make a buck and with the rising sun, will disappear as mist before the sun.

Now, in my gentle years on this planet I have come across schemes, man they are full of ... well you know what, but yet I still sense that people, young and old, rich and poor, middle class or otherwise still wants to give. Everybody that I talked to, specifically giving, all agree, in whatever shape or form, they like to give. Whether you help a friend in tough times by opening your home and Giving a bed, or a brother or sister that is down in his luck and still has not realized that they hold the key to their ability to give, or whether it be the guy on the corner standing with a hollow hand, hoping to inspire you with their plight of desperation. It does not matter how you Give, but rather that you do.

Now, the intension of Giving is of course the important bit, if we give and feel that we want something in return. There is no Giving. Once asked my brother about investments or trading on the stock market and his reply was simple, yet profound; " ... If you can't go out right now and give that amount that you want to invest to the first person you meet on the street, in cash and then walk away not missing that money, you are ready to invest (Give) ... "

Now, thinking about Giving is simply a transactional exchange of energy, not a mystical plight of meta physical meaning, but simply that. You are giving your energy (time, money and or effort) to another that needs upliftment and in exchange you accept gratefulness, gratitude or a simple thank you. Have you Gived and almost felt lighter, warmer and almost could not wipe the smile of your face after you Gived ? That is your portion of the exchange.

Now as said earlier I have come across some schemes in my day. But recently I came across a plan to reward you for giving and in the same transaction give to the charity or purpose of your choice. How does that work? Well, I am currently busy formulating a presentation for you, I though this was one of the best "schemes":that I have come across that is actually a win-win situation.

Come back soon and I will give You the link.


No comments: