The Color Black
It amazed me the other day, when I started thinking about black, how much emotion and value is added to the color black. Some people think of it as a evil, dark (opposite to light), cool, maybe power ?
But now the thing that you have to remember is what does the color black mean to You ?
Aah, the questions again from this crazy man, how we hate to ask what questions mean to us. Damn, we want to look elsewhere for the answer, we do not know it, right?
Remember the power lies in the correct question, never in the answer!
But after asking a lot of questions of myself regarding the color black. Yes, I too have questions regarding life and the life beyond site sometimes; But after not finding the answer that feels right to me, I approached a friend of mine, explaining the concept of color, more in terms of physics, rather than the visual, basically the frequencies of the various colors as we see it today. That did not quite seem to fit either.
I went forth and try to look from a polarization's point of view, I mean opposites to again review black. I mean all the years I can remember I had a strong resonating ability to dark colors and more specifically the color black. Black cars, suits, shirts, shoes, I like it. But black the opposite of white answer just didn't fit. And the other night I was watching the old movie Michael, you know the one where he is the archangel and in one scene they played a word game, where he asked the opposite of white. Now that is black, yes? But the answer was "no light".
I then went to old trusted Google to find the color black in terms of quantum physics, meaning probability. I should find at least a theory there, but again struck by failure, I just couldn't find anything that seems to fit just right for Me. I grant all the clever people in the various scientific fields that they are extremely clever and knows quite a lot, but there answers didn't feel right, not wrong either, but almost as if there is more to find, aaah, yes, it became a quest!
Then I came upon this article, more spiritual in nature that explains the chakras or energy centers of the body and a link from there showed colors, well naturally I moved there and try to discover my beloved black. And there is it was, "Black is the color of stillness". Immediately relieved in realizing my adventure was over. That I truly resonate with. I drifted back to those night dives in Larnaka on that old stripped clean and abandoned wreck, looking up, hovering on your back an seeing the moonlight shine through the surface, you could just Be ... still
1 comment:
Great work.
Post a Comment